Friday, December 9, 2022

 I haven't posted in a couple years and while that may be viewed that I don't care or I've forgotten, nothing could be further from the truth.  It's such a hard journey and one you have to at some point - at least for me - decide to let go of.  You never forget and today as is with every day I shed a tear (and often times downright ball my eyes out) for Jim, the loss and the what ifs. 

I've learned that time does heal, a bit more each day.  Not completely, of course, not even close; but time, friends, life, family, grandchildren and a whole lot of introspection helps to set you on a path of, "I've got this, I can be okay".  I have support from so many.  My daughter is on top of the list but there's also my strong and beautiful mother, my equally strong and beautiful sisters, my kind and caring brothers and my oh so wonderful friends and extended family that shore me up and keep me on the road to recovery.

It turns out it's the strength within you that can make it or break it for a peaceful, and joyful life after one experiences something so horrific as the death of your child to murder.  It's all a choice....a choice only you can make.  No one does it for you, no one....it's all you. 

So today as always, I miss you Jim, I love you and think of you daily.

Love, MOM


No comments:

Post a Comment