Friday, September 12, 2008

A message from Jim's cousin, Jennifer

I will always be grateful to you too for making sure Jim was here on one of my most important days. I will always remember telling him “I told your mom that all I wanted for a wedding gift is for her to fly you up here.” And him laughing and saying “Well if she’s paying im coming!”

I went to Willow Wood this last weekend for a friends wedding. The reception was held in the parking lot and as Scott and I walked up to the club house to use the bathroom I suddenly remembered standing on those steps with most of my cousins and getting our pictures taken. It suddenly dawned on me that this was the last place that I was with Jim. The last place I hugged him and told him I love him…I then went into the bathroom and cried. Willow Wood will always have a special place in my heart not only as the site of my wedding but as the last place I was with Jim. I thought about him a lot that night and Scott and I had drinks for him. I love him and miss him every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment