Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Three J's Tattoo


Not long after Jim passed, my mom and I decided that we needed to get a tattoo...something that my mom swore she would never do. It was quickly decided that it should be three interlocking J's to signify the first letter of all of our first names. We knew that we wanted it to be something that Jim would have gotten as well... nothing too girly. So we left it in the hands of the tattoo artist to try to come up with something.


We went in two weeks ago to check out what she had come up with and loved it immediately. At first glance it doesn't look like 3 J's... they are all different and much more artistic then just a simple J. We both decided to get them on the same spot on the inside of our left ankle. The tattoo artist was wonderful and we got to set out a couple of pictures of Jim while got our tattoo... just to know that he was there. Just as I did, Jim would have loved watching my mom get her first tattoo, it was so crazy to sit and watch! We have since decided that the top most J is Jim, then me, then my mom.


This is something that Jim would have loved and would have easily done with us if we had thought of it sooner. In fact, when we were in Miami and year ago in April, Jim and I made my mom stop and park so we could walk by Miami Ink. We were teasing my mom that she should make up a story and get a tattoo so she could get on the show.


It has been two weeks and we are both healed well and love our new tattoos... it just makes us feel that much closer to Jim.


Julie

4 comments:

  1. The garden and the tattoo's are so sweet. What great ideas. Your family is in my thoughts today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How strange is this. I just decided today that I am getting a tattoo on Friday. In fact my daughter and I just now had a conversation about it before I visited Jim's site. She has a friend that does them. My son designed one for me months ago but I have been too scared. I will send you pictures. The one you guys have is beautiful! Jim would have LOVED one to match. The artist did a fantastic job. The significance is awesome. Mom on the bottom supporting her kids. I still cry whenever I visit his sites or see the picure I have displayed at home. Love and miss ALL of you guys!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. the tats are so great, I was think of getting something to remember Jim by but all I can thing of is a jar of Jiff Peanut Butter, I may still get it. I love you Anut Joanne and Julie.

    Cousin Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah:

    I would love to write you directly, could you drop me a line at helpus@justiceforjim.com

    Love, Aunt Joanne

    ReplyDelete