Friday, April 10, 2009

April 10, 2009 - the last day of "a year ago"

Recently it hit me that soon I would no longer be able to say, "a year ago I talked to Jim; a year ago I saw Jim..." No more a year ago anything about Jim as a live person, as tomorrow it will be, "A year ago Jim was viciously murdered by some unknown person(s)." Harsh words, I know. Harsh thoughts, too. But it is what it is and I am so saddened.

This past year when I've found myself at my lowest, someone always comes along to say just the right thing to bring me back up. It is truly amazing - the support system that both Julie and I have. I really appreciate all of Jim's friends, my personal friends, Julie's personal friends and my wonderful family for their constant love, support, prayers and kind words. It helps me and Julie more then anyone will ever know.

I have invited a bunch of Jim's friends to the house tomorrow to celebrate Jim's life. I hope it will be healing for Julie and me - my heart says it is the right thing to do. We will place the stepping stones back out in Jim's memorial garden and tell great stories about Jim. I know we will laugh and most assuredly we will cry, but it will be nice to visit with those who grew up with Jim and loved him so much.

Please remember Jim tomorrow and always.

Love, Joanne (Jim's MOM)

No comments:

Post a Comment